Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rock, Paper, Vinyl

In a previous post, I mentioned using the new digital cutter to make new labels
for the card catalog that holds a lot of my crafting supplies and rubber stamps.

And I rather blithely mentioned that paper didn't work so well. 

May I present Exhibit A: Paper Not Working So Well



Then I remembered the little sample of cut vinyl that came with the cutter as a test cut.
I'd never cut vinyl on the Craft Robo, so it hadn't occurred to me until now to use it. 



So I dug out a roll of vinyl that I'd bought a long time ago and never used, and it worked really well. The experiments I'd tried with transferring and gluing paper were marginal at best, and the vinyl has an adhesive on the back already. "Weeded" (vinyl sign talk for getting rid of the little bits inside the shape with an x-acto or other tool) it and lifted the letters off the backing with transfer tape . . .



and then transferred it from there to a piece of transparency paper.
That was rather fun. 
A lot more fun than scraping tiny letters off a mat.



No comments: