Sunday, February 26, 2012

2011 Happened

           I was telling a friend yesterday that 2011 was kind of a bust for me, which it
           kind of was in certain ways,
           but it turns out as I look back at pictures . . .
           there were some good things that happened that year.
           I cleaned out Studio I. Here is one of the "before" pictures.
           (There are more, but I won't subject you to that. And the "after" 
           pictures will come later.)
           It's actually a work still in progress, but much progress has been made.



           I went to Minneapolis/St. Paul twice.
           Once with my mom, and once with two of my daughters.
           And both times I got to see my daughter and son-in-law who live in MN.
           So that's a big 2011 bonus.



           The most exciting thing I saw in Minneapolis was this statue of
           Mary Tyler Moore flinging her hat into the air.

               "Who can turn the world on with her smile.
                 Who can take a nothing day,
                 and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile . . . "



                "You're gonna make it after all . . . "




             Minneapolis has cool manhole covers. I once had 4th and 5th grades design
             and paint manhole covers on pizza cardboard circles, and then underneath
             the cover they drew whatever imaginary scene they wanted. I put them on the
             floor of the hallway on "Back to School" night and people could lift the cover
             on a kind of hinge I made to see the "world" underneath.



            And stopping in at IKEA.
            Wonder how many think that the toilets are not for display only.



             Hot lunch! (and how many of you are thinking of the original "Fame" now?
             No? Go here.)



No comments: